Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Releasing 4AI.1.7

I just finish the testing of 4AI.1.7 on Pandaboard ES and seems to be working well, but it takes me some time in think I don't know too much like ducati, graphics and display. There were some changes that take me some time to realise to understand what was going on like changes in memory for ducati, new call to define displays, new definitions at user space, etc.

One think I am concern is ducati, or what seems to be an issue in ducati in this release, because at least in Panda using some high resolution clips I see OMXCodec sends a lot of logs, but nothing is show in the display, also if try to go back it doesn't respond and ActivityManager hast to kill the application. This doesn't happen with clips with less resolution. This is the only thing I didn't like from this release, but seems to be working perfectly fine in Blaze and Blaze tablet, so I guess I missed something here.

Anyway, I don't want to expend much time in this release since seems to be stable and because I am planning to move to JB. Also I am more interested in get Pandaboard with 4430 and 4460 fully supported in one single release, also I want to have some progress in the latest sourcecode to send the patched to be merge and don't have to create or rebase new patches each release because the number of patches is increasing considerably.

This is the link to the 4AI.1.7 release for Pandaboard  4AI.1.7_OMAP4_Icecream_Sandwich_Panda_Notes, I have tested in Pandaboard ES, but my guess is that for Panda Ax versions the behaviour is going to be the same that it reboot randomly. Prebuild binaries are now there.


Now lets move to JB!

Enjoy!
ICe

11 comments:

  1. I have problem. HELP!!HELP!!HELP!!
    How can I use HDMI port on monitor to display 1920*1080p@30~60 by using 4AI.1.7(Panda ES)???

    because I use 4AI.1.7 on Panda HDMI, it always shows 640*480 resolutions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure how to help you since I see it goes to 720p just by connecting hdmi.

    Are you using prebuilt binaries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have problems with HDMI as well, 1360x768 (Motorola Lapdock) does not work over HDMI, my guess is this video mode is not supported by the omapdss hdmi panel driver. For DVI it works when i provide the correct panel definition in drivers/video/omap2/displays/panel-generic-dpi.c and reference this panel in arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap4panda.c.

    After activating the relevant patches for ARM erratas present on OMAP4430, it seems to run very stable on my A2 board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not expert in HDMI but AFAIK there is a clock for the dss that is set to support certain resolutions, so for other resolutions it would need to be changed. ie I saw that when using HDMI at 720p it works just fine but when trying 1080p this clock was not fast enough for the bandwidth, so I had to change the clock.

      You can take a look at this.

      Delete
    2. 1360x768 timings is supported by the OMAP4 HDMI module.
      You need to apply the following 2 patches to the kernel.
      Let me know how it goes.
      http://review.omapzoom.org/#/c/26542/
      http://review.omapzoom.org/#/c/26547/

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the reply. On the HDMI port i still get max. 720x576.

      /sys/devices/omapdss/display1 :
      27000,720/12/68/64,576/5/39/5

      logcat snippet during boot:

      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): EGL informations:
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): # of configs : 25
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): vendor : Android
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): version : 1.4 Android META-EGL
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): extensions: EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_ima
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): Client API: OpenGL_ES
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): EGLSurface: 8-8-8-8, config=0x1
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): OpenGL informations:
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): vendor : Imagination Technologies
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): renderer : PowerVR SGX 540
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): version : OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): extensions: GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_read_formt
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 2048
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS = 2048 x 2048
      I/SurfaceFlinger( 107): flags = 00000000
      I/ti_hwc ( 107): transforming FB (1360x768) => (1360x768) rot0
      I/ti_hwc ( 107): clone region is set to (0,0) to (1360,768)
      D/ti_hwc ( 107): #0: 640x480 59Hz
      D/ti_hwc ( 107): #1: 720x480 59Hz
      D/ti_hwc ( 107): #2: 720x576 50Hz
      D/ti_hwc ( 107): picking #2
      D/dalvikvm( 252): Ignoring duplicate verify attempt on Ljava/lang/Object;
      I/ti_hwc ( 107): external display changed (state=1, mirror={enabled tform=0deg}, dock={enabled tform=0deg}, tv=1
      I/ti_hwc ( 107): omap4_hwc_device_open(rgb_order=1 nv12_only=0)
      I/ti_hwc ( 107): Unable to open gc-core device (1), blits disabled

      I will try another display...

      Delete
  5. Hello,

    I tried to follow the 4AI.1.7 instructions from the link, thi sparticular line
    repo init -u git://git.omapzoom.org/platform/omapmanifest.git -b 27.x -m RLS4AI.1.7_IcecreamSandwich.xml

    is downloading a bunch of Go and has not finished yet, is this normal ?

    regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      It shouldn't since it is just downloading the manifest, the repo sync is the one that takes some time to download all projects and source code.

      Do you see progress or is it hang?

      Delete
  6. Dear Israel,

    It is just finished yet now my new problem is on patch when I type git am kernelpanda1.patch I got Patch format detection failed

    ?
    regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try open the file and see if it is in git format, it might got corrupted in the download because it should work.

      Delete